Hilary's Hands

Hilary's Hands

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I made this Swiss Guard costume for our church to use at Vacation Bible school this year.  It is made according to instructions from this fabulous mom: the-makings-of-swiss-guard-costume
I used thrifted shirts, that's why the colors aren't perfect!!!
The pants have the stripes attached because I cut down an adult pair of sweat shorts so I could get a longer pant leg.  The top is made like a vest.  The shoulders are held up with pins underneath to make the sleeves more puffy at the top and to make it adjustable so an adult could wear it too.  It is open at the sides, again for adjustability and held together by overlapping and securing with the belt (and probably more pins!)
This was so much fun to make.  I probably could have made it even less complicated but I'm very happy how it turned out.  I didn't have time to make the leg spats but it looks like some soccer socks were found which do the trick nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment