Hilary's Hands

Hilary's Hands

Friday, May 9, 2014

   To continue the costume theme ;-)  A little someone in my life asked me to make her the dresses from the movie "Frozen".  It really was a simple makeover.  The skirt is a blue teal, not really the blue in the movie dress but the fabric is so pretty and slinky and soft that it was perfect for the project.  She's five, I'm pretty sure it won't matter! I found the stencil pattern on this website: Anna-s-Winter-Outfit-Stencils   I traced it on freezer paper, cut it out with an X-Acto knife and ironed the paper onto the bodice.  Then I painted with fabric paint and pulled off the paper.  It worked very well although I could have used an extra pair of hands to help lift the stencil...I was lucky to not mess up the paint. I hope to give it to her next week.  Again I used thrifted items, a size medium woman's tank top and a XL skirt. Both are really nice fabrics, easy to wash...a nice feature for anything for a five year old! I did buy fabric to make the peasant top but used a thrifted shirt for the waistband on that.  It turned out so well, and I had so much of that thrifted shirt left, that I had to go on and make a matching skirt.  I will try to post a picture of her wearing the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment